Home theater can be difficult to define — it’s really just a vague term for a particular approach to home entertainment. Generally speaking, a home theater system is an area designed to recreate the experience of watching a movie in a theater IN YOUR HOME! We have been trained to lay out your space, and design a system that matches YOUR vision and YOUR budget. When you watch a movie in a home theater, you become more immersed in the film, creating an experience that is much more exciting than just watching television. As always, our goal is to Simplify Life Through Technology!
Home Theater vs Movie Theater
To see how home theaters are able to encapsulate your full attention and provide a movie watching experience that you’ve never had before, let’s take a look at movie theaters. When it comes to picture and sound, movie theaters offer an amazing experience that we generally can’t get at home. That’s usually why people pay to go to a local movie theater, even though it’s cheaper to just rent a movie and watch it at home.
There are a couple of main components that make watching normal TV and going to the movies very different:
- The Sound Experience: When you go out to see a movie in a movie theater, you’ll hear the music, sound effects, and dialogue all around you. In a movie theater, there are three speakers behind the screen — one to the right, one to the left, and one in the center — and several other speakers spread out in the rest of the theater in order provide a surround sound experience like no other. You hear different parts of the movie coming from different places. You are more involved in the experience of watching a film because the world of the movie is all around you.
- The Screen Size: In a movie theater, the screen takes up most of your field of view, making it easy to lose yourself in the movie. After all, you’re sitting in the dark with only one thing to look at, and everything you’re looking at seems larger than life.
The basic idea of a home theater is to recreate these elements using home equipment, and adding in a few other perks as well.
Perks of a home theater
- You can watch movies from the comfort of your own home
- No waiting in lines at the movie theater
- No more paying those outrageous movie theater prices ($30 for a movie & a popcorn – what?!)
- Something the whole family & your friends can enjoy
- No more sitting way too close to complete strangers
- Installing a Home Theater will increase the overall value of your home
Home Theater & Surround Sound
The main thing that sets a home theater apart from an ordinary television setup is the surround sound system. For a proper surround-sound system in your home theater, you will need three speakers in front of you and two or four speakers to your sides or behind you, depending if you want a 5.1 or 7.1-surround sound system. The audio signal is split into multiple channels so that different sound information comes out of the various speakers, just like at your local movie theater!
Contact the home theater experts today!
CREATING HOME THEATRE EXPERIENCES FOR LAKE NORMAN, DAVIDSON & MOORESVILLE NC