Why do I have to reset my Apple TV so often?
This is a common question we get, and the answer, like most, has both
good and bad news.
The good news is:
- Apple is a company that makes wonderful products that offer a
ton of features and services.
- They are continually updating these products with new features
based on what you, their customers, are asking for.
- These features can be updated via the Internet; so, there is no
need to buy a new device.
- The cost is minimal. Hey, we make less than $5 when we sell
an Apple TV. So, there is a HUGE bang for the buck with this
However, with the good comes the bad:
- Software updates: Apple frequently releases software updates
for its devices, including Apple TV. Sometimes, these updates
can cause glitches or issues with the device, leading to the need
for a reset.
- Because these devices are constantly talking online, they
sometimes get caught in network traffic, like a traffic jam on the
highway. As such, they need to be reset.
- App issues: Certain apps on your Apple TV may be causing issues that require a reset.
- Outdated app versions, conflicts with other apps, or other issues.
- Network issues: Your Apple TV may be experiencing
connectivity issues with your home network or internet service
provider, leading to the need for a reset.
- Hardware issues: In some cases, your Apple TV may be
experiencing hardware issues that require a reset to resolve.
This can be for all kinds of reasons, like gaming, voice requests,
changing of settings, and much more.
- Because people learn different ways, we have linked a few sites below
to help you reset you Apple TV, if needed. The first is a written step
by step outline from Apple and the second is a YouTube video on how
to do it. We hope this helps.