How to get the best security in Mooresville Cornelius Davidson
Not just any company should install security, camera systems or even Nest doorbells.
Installation of security cameras or doorbells seem relatively harmless? Nest and Ring products are end user specific. Access to sensitive information is then, limited. Back ground checks and licensing of outside providers is crucial. These products will need passwords and access to the wifi.
For more information on security cameras : https://www.svavnc.com/security-camera-systems/
Licensing and why you should care
Fire and safety are categories of service that lend themselves to heavy liability and licensing requirements. These are LIFE SAFETY categories of service. Firms interested in providing security and fire alarm services must be licensed by the state of North Carolina. Two license categories REQUIRED are a Low Voltage license classification SP-AF-LV license in addition to an NC alarm license.
Requirements to obtain these licenses include:
- Relevant work experience certification
- Additional education with exams
- Verifiable references with notarized affidavits
- Federal and state background checks
- Meeting with an alarm system licensing investigator
- Approval of the actual NC Alarm Systems Licensing Board
Using a licensed provider is the best way to get security Mooresville Cornelius Davidson
Requirements to renew an existing NC ALSB license:
- Completion of a 3 hour state approved CEU course (which included an exam).
- New fingerprints (every 2 years) at the local Police Department.
- State and sometimes Federal background check.
It is frustrating for us to see unlicensed contractors doing this work. In the event of catastrophe, homeowners (and their insurance companies) will wish they had hired a properly licensed and insured professional. Be careful of who you let into your home. Click here to check if your contractor is licensed for security with the state.